Are you interested to be a public speaker?
Check out some of what we are looking for.
Our ideal public speaker:
- Passionate about the rights of people with a disability and their carers;
- or an older person (over 65) who also has a lived experience of disability, or is passionate about the rights and issues of older people, For Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders, people who are 55 and over
- Is focused, clear-thinking and self-motivated
- Not fazed by awkward, misguided, or otherwise inappropriate questions, or statements, and able to respond to these in a non-antagonistic (friendly) manner
- Willing and able to appropriately self-disclose information about their own life experiences
- Is prepared to challenge their own beliefs and assumptions and is open to new ideas and perspectives
- Accepts that their audience may be hostile and or antagonistic to them, and their views
- Knows how to operate a personal computer
- Likes to meet and work with people!
- Variable and intermittent
- Attendance at compulsory training sessions
Skills you will develop
- Improve your general communication skills
- Gain confidence and experience at public speaking
- Develop skills in collaborative group work and improve your interpersonal skills
- Awareness of ethics and boundary setting
- Learn to adapt your presentation for various audience
- Tips on topics such as addressing small groups
If you would like to apply as a volunteer – speaker, you may email the Project Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org click on the link then download, print the form and send it back via email or by post to
1 Little David St.
CLICK THE LINK HERE. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM – PUBLIC SPEAKER